What is Penetration Testing?
What is Penetration Testing? How secure is your website? how secure is your network and data? Let skrootiny help you with the answers with our Penetration Testing Services.
A penetration test, occasionally known as a pentest, is a method of evaluating the computer security of a computer system or network by simulating an attack from external threats and internal threats. The process involves an active analysis of the system for any potential vulnerabilities that could result from poor or improper system configuration, both known and unknown hardware or software flaws, or operational weaknesses in process or technical countermeasures.
This analysis is carried out from the position of a potential attacker and can involve active exploitation of security vulnerabilities. Security issues uncovered through the penetration test are presented to the system's owner with valuable information on how to overcome these vulnerabilities.
Why do we need a Penetration Test?
Penetration tests are valuable for several reasons, technical and business related:
- Piece of mind that your data and company assets are as safe as it can be.
- You are protecting yourself against loss of business should anything happen whilst the vulnerabilities are present.
- Third party companies such as PCI (Payment Card Industries) look for sercured systems and required Penetration tests to continue trading with them
- Determining the feasibility of a particular set of attack vectors
- Identifying higher-risk vulnerabilities that result from a combination of lower-risk vulnerabilities exploited in a particular sequence
- Identifying vulnerabilities that may be difficult or impossible to detect with automated network or application vulnerability scanning software
- Assessing the magnitude of potential business and operational impacts of successful attacks
- Testing the ability of network defenders to successfully detect and respond to the attacks
- Providing evidence to support increased investments in security personnel and technology
Don't wait until you need to recover your business to act, get a Penetration test booked in now and safeguard your livelyhood.